Audio Production: Advanced Level
Digital Production is a beautiful and complex art. Knowing your way around nobs and faders, buttons and plug-ins, does not make you a producer. What makes you a producer is understanding sound to such a level that you are in a position to make conscious decisions that will affect the production, in order to intentionally give an aesthetic final outcome.
Our approach is pretty simple:
• On the Basic Level we teach you everything technical.
• On the Advanced Level we develop your producers’ ears and invest in practical experience.
• On the Master Level we make you a professional producer, guiding you through the aesthetics, acoustic and philosophical issues of audio production.
ADVANCED LEVEL Content:
Advanced Technical Skills:
• Digital Audio Formats (uncompressed and compressed formats)
• Audio Devices (Sound Cards, Mixers, Synthesisers, Sound Speakers)
• MIDI Devices (Keyboards, Controllers, MIDI interfaces)
• Other Devices (Hard-Drives, Disk-Writers)
The Creative Producer:
• Form and Structure of your Productions (Case Studies).
• Creating tension in your mix.
• Music Lab aspects affecting your productions.
• Melody & Chords development (Case Studies).
• Orchestration: Rock Band, Classical Orchestra, Folk Orchestras & Alternative Ensembles.
The Advanced Producer:
• Advanced Mixing techniques.
• Recording & Editing Digital Sound.
• Recording & Editing MIDI Data.
• The Sampler.
• The Drummer.
• Advanced Mixing in Studio Environments.
Programming & Automation a Mix.
• Mixing in the Studio Vs Live Sound
• Mixing in Professional Home Studios
Final Production: Advanced
• Going deeper into Audio & MIDI Effects.
• Frequencies, harmonics, and over-tones: the Art of Equalising.
• Sound, Space and Time: Reverb, Delay, Echo.
• Signal Compression, Expansion and Limiting.
• Noise management: Noise Gates, Noice Processing, Noise Print.
• The Stereo/Surround Image: Panning, Imaging, Moving the sound.
• Polishing a Stereo Signal for release.
• Logic’s Pre-Mastering Tools.
• Digital Sound-Checking tailored to Home Studios.